(Full Time) £28,000 per annum
Short term live-in accommodation may be available (to assist with relocation)
What an opportunity to join and lead a fabulous brigade alongside the Head Chef!
The Longlands Inn & Restaurant is a friendly, lively country inn with bags of character situated alongside The Lancaster Canal in the heart of Lancashire with great home-made food, pub classics with a twist and using the best local produce. Approx. 80 covers in the restaurant, a further 50 in bar with conference and events up to 150 guests (COVID permitting!)
You know there’ll be pressure, but there’s also great scope to put your own flair into the menu. You’ll ensure that the team are focused on consistently delivering an excellent food product. Embedding food safety and controls (stock, equipment and rotas) across the team is essential to achieving a profitable contribution to the inn. As Sous you’ll be involved in training and developing the team, keeping abreast of the latest trends and managing the best service to our customers whilst on shift.
What we’re looking for from you
You will benefit from the following skills and experience – not all are essential as we’ll help with some training:
- NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation or equivalent
- Relevant proven experience in a similar environment
- Eye for quality standards, control and hygiene
- Enthusiasm for producing consistent, quality food
- Strong, effective leader with the ability organise a team
- Generous gratuities
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata in line with hours worked)
- Employee discounts across the other properties within the group
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all employees
- An engaging and supporting work environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your CV with a covering letter stating which position you are applying for by:
Email to: [email protected]
Post to: HR Dept. The Longlands Inn & Restaurant, Tewitfield, Nr Carnforth, LA6 1JH.
All applicants must be 18 or over.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.